Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Save Early Save Often

This is a cautionary tale of the mantra Save Early Save Often

Today I spent hours working on research and editing a couple of documents with the research in it. I was just getting ready to finally save it all and my desktop decided to reboot itself. It does this frequently. I am sure it is getting too hot and probably needs cleaned out. I lost everything I just worked on. 2 documents back to their original state. Can I scream now? please? just once? REALLY LOUDLY????? sigh.

So tomorrow I will attempt to do this all over again. Hopefully Bing saved my research pages in my Bing history. At least I will not have to reinvent the wheel. 

Tomorrow also brings me to the point of opening my computer to clean it out of all the dust, dirt, cat hair and dog hair that has accumulated over the last couple of years.   Hopefully that will take care of this rebooting problem. If it doesn't I will have to resort to copying off documents that I have and reformat the hard drive and re install windows 7. Sounds like fun yes?? NOT! 




No comments:

Post a Comment